Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dan SR.

Today is my brother-in-law Dan SR.'s birthday. For my new audience, he is married to my sister Patty. Dan JR., Patrick, and Amy are their children. Amy Marie and Emily are their grandchildren, whose parents are Dan JR. and Laura.

I had the pleasure of speaking with him at Emily's baptism two weeks ago. I helped to clarify a story about Amy Marie and her toy mailbox. As she was enjoying her new mailbox at her birthday party on May 30, the mailman showed up in Dan JR. and Laura's backyard because he had mail that was too large for the mailbox. Of course, the mailman had to pose for a picture. My contribution to the story was that the present was opened in the house, not in the backyard.
She was still enjoying it by the time the group moved to the patio to enjoy the fresh air as the party was at its climax. Parties at Dan JR. and Laura's house are usually memorable.

I hope that Dan SR., Patty, Amy, and Dave (Amy's Husband) were able to celebrate this event in a joyful manner. Bob and I gave him a nice present of a Best Buy Gift Card. (Radio Shack is only under his wife's supervision, but we all know that he may sneak out when she is not looking. Yeah, right!) I am sure that our gift will be used responsibly.

Happy Birthday, Dan SR.

No comments: