Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas with the Family

Christmas "dinner" was at my sister Maggie and her husband Mike's house in Parma, OH!  The participants, in addition to the hosts, were my sister Kathleen, my brothers Bob and Joe, and my niece Mandy.  We had roast beef, "Loaded" scalloped potatoes, baby carrots, salad, baked beans with sausage, and rolls.  Dessert consisted of Homemade Cheesecake, Angel Food cake, Apple Pie (from Perkins), and Chocolate Cream Pie (Eat 'n' Park).  The transitional items were a "pistachio salad" and a snack made with Cheerios, M & Ms, and pretzels.  (I did not have any of the transitional items yet, but the rest of the food was delicious!)  After we ate, we talked a lot about our old neighbors before we moved into our current house (I was about fifteen months old when we moved.) and about other miscellaneous topics.  After Kathleen took Bob and me home, we relaxed some more!

Since we started our family meal at approximately 2:00 P.M., Bob and I ate some leftovers from Christmas Eve at approximately 9:00 P.M.  We both had Spaghetti and Meat Sauce left over from our lunch at Eat 'n' Park (In addition to our two dollar off coupons, we gambled on attaining a pie to go along with our other gamble for a pie at Perkins on Monday.)  I also had sugar snap peas, while Bob had garlic toast.  In addition, I had saved a side salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing from Steak 'n' Shake (Our dinner with Kathleen became a takeout meal because they closed on 5:00 on Christmas Eve.).  This food was appetizing.

In closing, I will reveal that we attended Mass at St. Leo Church near the Cleveland-Parma border.  It was a nice Mass.  The highlight was a Litany of Thanks.  As usual, Fr. Vesely, Priest in Residence, made it very amusing!  He is a priest who needs to be experienced in person!  Don't wait too long.  He has been a priest since 1954!

Until next time, enjoy the season!!         

No comments: