Sunday, February 9, 2014

Return to the Old School

Last Friday, I picked up Holy Name's 100 Year Memory Book from the school located in Parma Heights.  The official day was a week ago Saturday, but bus co-ordination was non-existent.  At Bob's birthday party on Monday, I made arrangements with Maggie to take me to Holy Name to pick up the book on Wednesday.  (For $10 extra, I could have had the book mailed, but I decided to go with the cheaper option.)  There was too much snow on Wednesday, so I made arrangements to pick up the book on Thursday.  However, Bishop Lennon was celebrating Mass at the School, so Friday worked out better.

Friday started with a trip to MetroHealth for some routine post-doctor visit business.  Maggie drove me there and back.  We then went to Holy Name to pick up the book. Bob accompanied us on the trip.  I went in the building alone.  I went to the office to meet with my contact.  When my contact was not reached by phone, a secretary procured a book for me.

After Holy Name, we went to TGI Friday's on Tiedman Road (Near the Perkins from the last Post) for lunch because Maggie had a $50 Gift Card.  We all had the special that included half a sandwich and either soup or salad.  We all had the French Dip and Fries, but each of us opted for a different soup.  I had the Clam Chowder.  Bob had French Onion Soup.  Maggie had the Broccoli Cheese Soup (This was surprising because Maggie is famous for loving French Onion Soup.).  We topped off our meals by splitting a slice of Cheese Cake.  The food was appetizing.

After lunch,  Maggie took us home for a brief stay before she took me and Bob to the Main Post Office.  Bob went to work.  I caught a bus downtown.  I went to the Main Library because it was too cold outside to wait for a bus to take me to Rocky River Public Library.  I also wanted to clarify a bus time because I had grabbed the wrong bag.

After the library, I went to Qdoba, also in Rocky River, for dinner.  I had Chicken Tacos in Crispy Shells and Pork Quesadillas in Flour Tortillas.  I also bought Steak Tacos and Chicken Quesadillas, both in Flour Tortillas for Bob to eat the next day.  I was scolded for trying to use two coupons on the same day in the same restaurant.  It was usually not a problem in the past.  I was able to use the second coupon, though.

After Qdoba, I walked down to a nearby Aldi in Fairview Park.  The snow clearance was so bad that I walked in the street for a part of the walk.  After Aldi, I took a bus (#49), a train (Red Line), and another bus (#35) home.  After a very long day, I relaxed the rest of the evening.  The whole day was enjoyable. 

After three Posts in one night, I have earned the right to relax again.  Have a good night!!     

No comments: