Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lunch at the Pub (Part 2)

On September 23, my sister Patty joined my brother Bob and me for lunch at The Pub at Beachwood Place.  Patty and Bob both had Cranberry Pecan Salads with the Grilled Chicken option.  I had a Black Bean Burger with French Fries.  The burger was a little spicy.  The fries were delicious, but I had a little surprise.  What I thought was a French Fry was really a breaded fried pickle.  It was a "flavorful" Dill pickle.  Bob and Patty enjoyed their salads. 

We talked about recent happenings in our lives.  It was an enjoyable experience.  We then said our goodbyes.  Bob and I then visited Dillard's and Nordstrom in the mall.  As we were exiting the mall through Saks Fifth Avenue, Bob thought he saw Browns backup quarterback Johnny Manziel in his Heisman Trophy jacket.  Ironically, I had jokingly said that I had seen Browns starting quarterback Brian Hoyer in the same store moments earlier.  We then visited Nordstrom Rack and Dick's Sporting Goods across the road at Legacy Village.  We didn't buy a thing.  Legacy Village ended with a walk by Claddagh Irish Pub before we headed toward Perkins in Brooklyn, OH.

Since it was about 4:00, Bob and I visited the Aldi next door.  I bought a box of Chicken Flavored Rice and a box of Fruit and Nut Granola Cereal.  I thought that I was overcharged for the cereal until I found the item in question.  Our box was "mistakenly" displayed with a similar type of granola cereal that I have bought in the past.  I did not challenge the price.

Our food at Perkins was tasty.  I had Salmon with Apricot Teriyaki Glaze.  My accompaniments were Herb Rice and Broccoli.  Bob had Mushroom Swiss Chicken with Green Beans (?) and a Vegetable Medley.  We both had rolls.  Dessert was Chocolate French Silk Pie for me and Peanut Butter Silk Pie for Bob.  With the Dessert and Beverage option, it was only Seventy Cents more for the pie per person.  The pie was up to the usual standards.

After dinner, we took two buses and enjoyed a fifteen minute walk to take us to our house.  We spent the rest of the evening relaxing.  It was a long but exciting day.

Hopefully, Saturday dinner at Dan Jr. and Laura's house in Howland Township, OH will be just as enjoyable!  

No comments: