Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pancake Tuesday

Tonight, I went to IHOP at Cleveland's Steelyard Commons for free pancakes. I also had salad and Pepsi. The restaurant was crowded, but getting a table was not a problem. I was in and out in about 40-45 minutes.

I was going to go shopping at Best Buy and Wal-Mart Supercenter, but I decided to wait for my bus instead. Technically, I would have missed it, but it was a few minutes late. I even made connections with my second bus that takes me closer to home.

It was a fun experience. I did the same thing last year, but at the IHOP in Lakewood (Now Vacant). I had soup in addition to my salad, because I ordered improperly. They overcharged me for both items due to a price hike that wasn't on the menu yet. I challenged it and lost. It's no big deal since the Children's Miracle Network benefited from the customers' donations. If I recall correctly, it wasn't overcrowded last year, either.

I hope to do this again next year if they repeat the offer. For the record, Bob and I did not go to Denny's for a free Grand Slam Breakfast on February 9. It would have been tough getting back home to get Bob ready for work if we did it for breakfast. If we got there early enough to fight the crowds, lunch could have worked. Bob could have gone to work from Denny's. It's only one bus to Downtown from the Denny's on Brookpark Road, the one in Independence, or the one across from Parmatown Mall. He would have had his regular second bus ride from Downtown to the Main Post Office. Oh well, there's always next year if they do it again.

Happy Pancake Tuesday!

No comments: