Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bob's Birthday

Bob's birthday was on February 3. We started off with lunch at Denny's by Parmatown. Bob had a Grand Slam which was free (The cheese was extra.). Unlike last year, my entree was not free (It wasn't a Grand Slam Celebration.). I had a Boca Burger, fries, and a Coke, all for $5.99. (The burger and fries would have been almost $8.00 alone. I know a good deal when I see one.) We then went across the street to JcPenney. He wanted a shirt and a Browns hat, which were both on sale. As it turns out, the hat was not on sale at Parmatown (We had seen it under $4 at JcPenney at SouthPark the day before.). I asked about the hat and learned that clearance was at the Store Manager's discretion. I did pick up the shirt with no problems, though. On the next day, I went back to JcPenney's at SouthPark. I found the last hat without a price tag. The clerk investigated the situation. I was charged about $4. Bob later noted that the cost was slightly more than it was on Tuesday, but I thought the price was close enough and bought it anyways. After inspecting the hat, Bob found a flaw, so we're going to either exchange or return it at Parmatown's JcPenney tomorrow. Tune in to find out if we're successful.

We're going back to Wednesday's story now. After coming home, for a couple of hours, we went out to Applebee's at Steelyard Commons (In Cleveland) for dinner. Bob had received a $10.00 dollar gift card from work. We also benefited from an offer of two entrees and an appetizer for $20.00. Bob had steak and a baked potato. I had penne pasta and chicken. We shared mozzarella sticks and both enjoyed Pepsis for our beverage. It was a tasty meal, but I brought my leftovers home, which I enjoyed for lunch yesterday. We then headed for home.

Unfortunately, we arrived home a lot later than we expected. Applebee's offered an online survey to try to win $1,000. I thought Bob had the form. He didn't. I went back into the restaurant to our table, but it wasn't there. I had put it in my wallet, but I had forgotten that. In the short time that I was in the restaurant, the bus had gone by. In my defense, the bus was about ten minutes late. We looked at Famous Footwear and Best Buy to kill time. We tried again for the next bus. The bus was fifteen minutes late. As a result, we narrowly missed our bus towards home. We took a bus that took us closer to home. We stopped off at Arby's, so Bob could have a Value Menu Chocolate Shake that we took home. (I didn't have the appetite for a shake.) We made our bus home. It was about an hour later than it would have been if I remembered where the survey was. (Yes, we could have walked home from where we got off the bus that we took to get us closer to our goal, but I guess that we were tired and wanted to minimize our snow exposure. There wasn't a lot then, but we have a few inches now.) Bob could have had a better birthday if I cooperated, but that's another story for another day.

On my hat buying trip, I stopped off at the Best Buy across the street from SouthPark to buy Bob a Gift Card. I hope that he gets enjoyment from it. I could have bought it earlier, but I didn't want him to see me buying it.

Until next time, enjoy the Super Bowl.

No comments: