Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Dave and Amy

One year ago, my niece Amy married a man from Long Island named Dave. She met him when they were attending Stonehill College in Easton, MA. I met him at Marnie and Mike's Wedding in 2004, but I didn't really talk to him until Amy Marie's First Birthday Party in 2008. I last talked to him at Emily's Christening last Labor Day Weekend. I don't know him that well, but I am privileged that he is in our family.

Bob and I did not get Amy and Dave a Bob Evans Gift Card for their anniversary because the only Bob Evans in Massachusetts closed years ago. Yes, we could have bought them one to use when they were in Ohio or even Michigan, but I decided Applebee's was more appropriate for two young people without kids. They live in the Boston area, so chances are that there is one nearby. (I didn't do the official research.) I bought the card from a Rite Aid near my house since it was near my Census area. It was a good way to kill time before I took a short bus trip towards my house. I could have walked, but I get enough exercise at work. I do walk home most of the time because I am between buses when I am leaving my area after work. Also, I do get some exercise even when I take RTA because I have a short walk even after I get off the bus. Some details will follow eventually.

In closing, I would like to wish a belated anniversary to Amy's parents, Dan and Patty. It was on Cinco de Mayo, but I wasn't inspired to write my blog post until tonight. I hope that they enjoyed the Longhorn card that Bob picked out for them. Applebee's, Outback, Friday's, or even Chili's would have worked for me, but they were too risky for Bob. I do know that Longhorn in Leominster, Ma was the site for Patty's 50th Birthday Party a while back. I heard that it was a nice occasion. I stayed in Cleveland because too many people staying in the same house is not my idea of fun. I hope that this latest Longhorn experience is/was just as much fun as the one years ago.

Until next time, enjoy your life.

No comments: