Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Birthday Party

On October 22, we celebrated my 41st birthday, which was the day before, at my sister Maggie and her husband Mike's house in Parma! We had Take-out Chinese food from Ni's Express on Broadview Road in Parma! Their food is similar to our usual Chinese Restaurant, East China, also on Broadview Road in Parma, but closer to the Northern Cleveland-Parma Border. The food was tasty! We had Chicken with Snow Peas, Chicken Ding with Almonds, Chicken Lo Mein, Beef with Broccoli, white rice (Included with each entree), pork fried rice, won ton soup, crispy noodles (for the soup, but I can eat them out of the bag), and egg rolls! There were fortune cookies, and green tea was also a bonus! I didn't have a fortune cookie, or any tea. The Chinese food was all tasty! There was also a vegetable lasagna and mozzarella sticks, but I didn't enjoy them until they were leftovers! Both were tasty! We also had a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. (It's a little more elaborate than that, but it is a little "complex".) Ruggles Moose Tracks Ice Cream, Marshmallows and Pistachios (My cousin Joanne's, Aunt Rita's only daughter, recipe), "Pink Jello, a Giant Eagle Cheesecake Variety pack, and a Giant Eagle Pumpkin- Cream Cheese Roll. The desserts were spread over a week, and they were all delicious.

The participants were the party hosts, my sister Kathleen, my brothers Joe and Bob, and my niece Mandy. My sister Patty, her husband Dan SR., their son Dan JR, and his daughters Amy Marie and Emily were scheduled to attend, but Patty was quite ill, so they cancelled. It would have been an even better party with them, but I still had fun, despite my coughing problem!

The day was one to remember! There will be more about other events in a future post! Until then, keep having fun!!

No comments: