Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Degree Should Be in Supermarketing. (2013 Trip (Part 4))

I have a B.B.A in Marketing from Cleveland State University in Cleveland, OH.  As far as I am concerned, marketing involves a lot of common sense!!  On May 15, I learned that three competitive supermarket chains that do business in Worcester County, MA are too indistinguishable from one another for the most part!

Patty, Bob, and I started off at the Stop and Shop on West Boylston Street in Worcester.   My main purchases there were the Megabucks and the Lucky for Life Games operated by the Massachusetts Lottery!  I believe that they are losers, but I am going to bring them to Max and Erma's in Middleburg Hts., OH on Monday when we celebrate my sister Kathleen's Birthday.  Bob and I then looked around the store at items that we would purchase!!  Their prices were high!  A gallon of milk cost over $4.  We paid $2.29 at the Aldi in Leominster, MA the day before.  One area that did impress me was the large Organic and/or Gluten Free Sections!  I think that the store needs to lower their prices!!

The next store was Price Chopper on Pullman Street in Worcester!  Bob and I bought Amy and Dave's Anniversary Gift Card!  We chose Ninety Nine Restaurants for them because we had enjoyed their Fitchburg branch a little over a year ago!  O'Charley's owns Ninety Nine Restaurants, but their gift cards are currently separate!  Once again, we studied what we like to purchase!  Price Chopper really needs to lower their prices immediately!!  The store had a nice atmosphere, though!

After we were done, we went to Wild Willy's Burgers on West Boylston Street in Worcester (near Greendale Mall) for lunch!  I had done some research in a Restaurant Franchise directory earlier in the year!  However, Patty suggested this restaurant without knowing any of this.  I had a Bison Burger with mushrooms and Swiss Cheese, French Fries, and a glass of Coke!  The bison tasted better than I expected!!  We enjoyed our meals!!

After lunch was finished,  we went to Big Y World Class Market in Holden, MA!  Unlike the other two stores, this store was in a strip with other stores!!  Big Y was not much different than the other two stores!  I bought a couple of newspapers!  The funny thing is that the clerk typed a wrong number making it look like there was a penny tax on the paper!  Neither the clerk nor I realized what had happened! 

After Big Y, we picked up an Anniversary card for Amy and Dave at the adjacent Dollar Tree because we left the one that we had purchased in the Cleveland area back at our house.  The shopping was over for the day!  Surprisingly, nobody asked us if we had Store Rewards Cards!!  We can't wait for our next trip to some other grocery stores in the region!

We went back to Patty and Dan Sr.'s house!  Dinner was Chicken Alfredo with peas and carrots!  (The Pasta is a ?!)  It was delicious!!  We then spent the rest of the evening watching ABC from 8:00 to 10:00 and relaxing.  The excitement is starting to build!!

No comments: