Wednesday, June 4, 2014

When Kathleen's Sixty-Four

Yesterday, we celebrated my sister Kathleen's birthday!  The participants were my brothers Bob and Joe, my sister Patty, Patty's husband Dan, their son Danny, and Danny's daughters Amy and Emily.  The celebration started at Perkins in Brooklyn, OH.  Most of the group enjoyed breakfast items (The birthday girl had the Everything Omelet.), but I had Salmon with Apricot Teriyaki Glaze, Rice, Broccoli, and Country Toast (They were out of rolls.).  The food was quite enjoyable.

After dinner, the group (except Joe) went to Honey Hut in Cleveland to enjoy ice cream and to honor the memory of my Godfather and the Founder of Honey Hut, Frank Page.  I had Cookies and Cream Ice Cream.  The others had various flavors.  Most of us had it in a cup, but Amy had it in a cone.  The ice cream was tasty.

When we were finished, Kathleen took Bob and me home.  The other guests almost came to the house for a brief visit, but they changed their plans.  (Amy is still finishing First Grade.)  Bob and I relaxed for the rest of the evening.  The climax was the Peanut Butter Silk pie slices that we took home, so we could enjoy our ice cream. 

Kathleen's birthday was an event to remember.        

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you're getting your information, but great topic.

I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info
for my mission.

Look at my blog ... drunk driving attorney phoenix