Saturday, July 5, 2014

From Cleveland to Lancaster, MA (with a Detour to Baltimore)

On June 24, my brother Bob and me went to visit our sister Patty and her husband Dan in Lancaster, MA (near Worcester).  The trip did not start off smoothly!  I accidentally damaged the strap to my bag that I had already packed to use as my carry-on bag.  My backpack became the replacement.  In addition, I had to change my shirt because the oppressive humidity that resulted from a post-shower walk to the mailbox at Spring Road and South Hills Drive left the shirt unsuitable for traveling.

Despite the minor complications, our trip to the airport with our sister Maggie went smoothly.  We checked our bags.  A miracle happened when we went through the TSA security line without emptying our pockets or taking off our shoes.  Bob held my cell phone, but otherwise it was painless.

Our flight to Baltimore via Southwest Airlines went smoothly.  After exiting the flight, we enjoyed some lunch.  I enjoyed a Salmon Teriyaki Bowl from Gachi House of Sushi.  Bob enjoyed two Pretzel Dogs from Auntie Anne's.  We then relaxed until catching our plane to Boston.

This flight was also relatively smooth.  After picking up our luggage, we waited for the Logan Express Bus to Natick, MA where our sister Patty would drive us to Lancaster, MA.  (The bus used to go to nearby Framingham, but a renovation project that started the day before caused the temporary change.)  Thanks to Boston's notorious rush hour traffic, a trip that should have taken 30-45 minutes took over an hour.  After exiting the bus, we went into the building to pay.  (It was supposed to be on the bus, but the bus was late. Otherwise, there was no "official" explanation.)  We were then headed to Patty and Dan's.

Dan cooked us an appetizing meal of Kielbasa and Sauerkraut with Sweet Potato Fries.  It made not dining out in the Framingham-Natick area less disappointing.  We then headed to Rota Spring Farm in Sterling for some ice cream.  It was quite popular, but we were able to find a table on a hill near the cow area. (The tables in the covered area were surprisingly not popular.)  The ice cream was a climax to a very exciting day.

We relaxed for the rest of the evening.  I ate some Cheddar Multigrain Crisps to finish my eating for the day. Our trip to Maine the next day was eagerly anticipated.    
        

No comments: