Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Road to Lancaster, MA

It is still June 16.  

After leaving the Logan Express facility in Framingham, MA, we headed to nearby Natick, MA to enjoy lunch at Smashburger.  Dan SR., Bob, and I had burgers and fries.  Patty had a salad!  The food was tasty, but I can live with McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's.

When Smashburger was mentioned to Patty in a previous phone call, she revealed that their pool table was bought at the same shopping center years earlier.  I researched the potential store for my interest.  Thanks to my research, I found the place.  Dan SR. picked up the stickers that he wanted. 

After we crossed the road, we went to Natick Mall.  The anchor stores are Sears, JcPenney, Macy's, Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor, and Neiman Marcus.  Bob and I visited all the anchor stores.  Sears was the only store where we bought something.  I picked up a pair of tan Dockers that ended up costing me about $12 after various discounts.  While we were having all that fun, Patty and Dan SR. visited the Tesla Car Dealership in the mall.  Even with the mainstream anchor stores, Natick Mall was too upscale for our tastes.

After the mall, we headed for the Hannaford Supermarket in Clinton, MA.  Patty was buying corn on the cob for dinner.   I bought Megabucks Doubler (I didn't splurge for the Doubler.) tickets for the drawings on June 17th, 20th and 24th.  I ended up winning $2 in the last drawing.  The ticket will be in the mail soon with a request for re-investment in instant (scratch) tickets.  Dan SR. and Bob stayed in the car and talked, I assume.

When we were done shopping, we went to Dan SR. and Patty's house in Lancaster, MA to relax.  After relaxing, a dinner consisting of grilled Ball Park All Beef Franks, Baked Beans, and grilled corn on the cob (Dan SR. and Patty had researched grilling methods on the Internet (I presume.).  Patty's research won because it was quicker. ).  The food was tasty.  We spent the rest of the evening watching television and relaxing. The sunset with a faint red sky was quite interesting from the loft.

In the next report, the adventures become a little more interesting.   

        

No comments: