Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Road to Wrentham, MA

On June 18, Bob, Patty, and I went to our niece and Patty's daughter Amy's house in Medway, MA to drop off some items that belonged to Amy.  Walking Caesar was the main focus of this visit because Amy was bowling after work.  Her husband Dave's after work activities were unknown, but I later learned he has a long commute to and from work with his new job.  Patty missed the exit that she wanted, so we went through Bellingham, MA and encountered a traffic jam caused by some construction.

Once we arrived at the house, Bob and I unpacked the car and placed the materials in their enclosed dining room that we have never enjoyed.  Patty walked Caesar.  Thankfully, things went smoothly.

After leaving the house, we went to Wrentham Village Premium Outlets in Wrentham, MA.  Lunch was at Uno Chicago Grill (Once known as Pizzeria Uno).  Though they have had an on and off presence in the Cleveland, OH area for years, this was the first experience for Bob and me.  I had (Cold) Lobster Sliders, French Fries, and PowerSlaw.  Patty had a Chicken Caesar Salad and a Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza (She let us enjoy the pizza that also went home for leftovers.).  Bob had a Chicken Pesto Sandwich and a Chopped Grilled Citrus Chicken Salad.  Bob's salad went home.  (I hope that Dan SR. or Patty enjoyed it.  It was probably Dan SR. because Bob, Patty, and I were in New York City for two days starting on June 19.)  The food was enjoyable, but it was confirmed that I enjoyed my (Warm) Lobster Roll at Old Timer Restaurant and Tap Room in Clinton, MA that I enjoyed on June 29, 2014 more.

The paying method was a little unusual.  The tablet that held games (Free and Paid) was also used to pay for the meal.  I had trouble swiping my Credit Card, so the Waiter performed the task.  Perhaps, Bob's suggestion of tilting the device would have been helpful.  These devices work better at stores for the most part, but it is a wave of the future.   

After lunch, we visited the New Balance, Eddie Bauer, Columbia, and Reebok Outlet stores.  Bob and I purchased tennis shoes from New Balance that were Buy One Pair, Get the Second for 50% Off.  The shoes are still in Lancaster, MA because we had no room for them in our luggage.  They will return later this year.  Bob also picked up a Polartec WindPro Jacket and a Water Bottle from Eddie Bauer.

Since there weren't any more "exciting" stores and Patty wanted to avoid rush hour, we headed for home with a detour to Shaw's Supermarket in Clinton, MA, so I could pick up a Gift Card for Dave's Birthday, which was July 1st.  After finding the cards, I waited through a computer re-boot and a voluntary lane change to purchase the Gift Card.  Shaw's was "crowded" that day.

After Shaw's, we came home to anticipate a dinner consisting of Butternut Squash Triangoli with Apples, Smoked Apple Chardonnay Chicken Sausage, and Onions.  (Trader Joe's was a major contributor to this dinner.)  Frozen Corn was also featured.  Although I would have used a bowl that would eventually hold the corn, Patty insisted that I just place the corn on the glass "turntable." (Our sister Maggie later backed up my plan, though she initially "agreed" with Patty.) At home, I will continue to have a bowl over my "Steam Fresh" packages because I am not supposed to place food "directly" on the "turntable."  The food was tasty as usual. 

Our main activity before and after dinner was packing for New York City.  Future Posts will reveal more details about our adventures.  Hopefully, my audience will enjoy these stories as much as we enjoyed the experience!!                     

No comments: