Tuesday, September 9, 2008

There Will Be Another Wedding in the Family

We had a family dinner at Mavis Winkle's in Independence, OH (http://www.maviswinkles.com) last night. The participants were Patty, Maggie, her husband Mike, Kathleen, Bob, Tim, Lois, Mandy, and myself. The occasion was to celebrate that Patty was in town to babysit her granddaughter, to visit the family, and to celebrate her mother-in-law's 90th birthday. (There will be details on this celebration later in the week.)

I took advantage of the opportunity to see Mandy in person to ask permission to post this announcement:

SHE'S GETTING MARRIED!

The lucky groom is a man named Paul Carpenter. (Last name was added to this post on 10-1-'08.) He is a mechanic at Mercedes-Benz of North Olmsted (Ohio). (They also sell Porsches, Saabs, and Lotuses on the campus.) He lives in Barberton, OH (Near Akron). Beyond that, there is little to report as I have only met him once. Let us hope that they enjoy a long and happy marriage.

The dinner itself was a great opportunity to catch up with family that we don't see frequently. Speaking of family not seen frequently, Patty and I had a nice visit with our Aunt Rita (My late mother's sister). I took them to Bob Evans in Westlake, OH. (http://www. bobevans.com) for lunch. We then took her to a Rite Aid near her home (Also in Westlake) to buy a card for the 90th birthday party mentioned earlier. I personally think she paid too much, but she was happy. Unfortunately, she will not be attending the party, but I'm grateful that she is still the fun aunt that I have the pleasure of knowing all my life.

The next report may include family events, both sad and happy.

No comments: