Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Rock Hall

In honor of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremonies being held at Public Hall in Downtown Cleveland, the Rock Hall had a free day today. I was in attendance.

Getting to the Rock Hall was no problem. The Waterfront Line trains were running every 15 minutes or so using the Green Line in addition to the normal Blue Line. (The trains normally run during rush hour on weekdays and every half hour on the weekend.) After a short walk, I arrived at the Rock Hall and was greeted by a line reminiscent of the Papa John's 23 cent pizza promotion last year. Fortunately, I only waited 15-20 minutes to get into the Rock Hall as opposed to two hours for my pizza which was limited to cheese, pepperoni, mushroom, (My Choice!) and sausage pizzas. If we had our choice of any topping, the wait would be longer, and the chance of a sellout increases.

Thankfully, a sellout was not a problem today. Since I was just at the Rock Hall three months ago, I mostly concentrated on the Bruce Springsteen exhibit that will be up until Spring 2010. It consisted mostly of handwritten original lyrics, concert posters, and other memorabilia. It was quite interesting. I also visited the display of Inductee signatures which is hidden behind doors and is spread over two floors. It had been awhile since I visited them as there is usually a lot of congestion in the area. The congestion this time was in the Cafe area at the other end of the Third floor from the signature area, which also includes artifacts from the new inductees, as well as an area to learn about the inductees in a multimedia format. Ceremony highlights from past years (Mostly in New York City) are also included. Fortunately, I was able to enjoy this area without feeling rushed. I then headed for the exits. I looked around the F.Y.E "Gift Shop".
A lot of people were buying items so I had some difficulty leaving, but I was able to leave the Rock Hall by leaving F.Y.E. where I came in. Leaving was uneventful.

By the time I left, the train came at a time where I would have missed my bus to take me to Mass (with a detour to CVS and another store to buy lottery tickets). Fortunately, I had time to go to a CVS downtown to do some shopping and make another bus that would have left me time to buy lottery tickets before walking to St. Leo's (Yes, it's a longer walk, but the exercise was worth it.). Despite CVS being more popular than expected, I made it back in time to catch the bus, which started out ten minutes late and ended up twenty minutes late thanks to its typical crowded status and a restrained wheelchair bound passenger. I was almost ten minutes late for church, but I was still able to get a palm. After coming home, I later went to a nearby store (Not the one I would have visited if the bus were on time) to take care of my lottery business. I didn't pay attention to the drawing, so I don't know if I won or not. I'll let you know.

No comments: