Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving and the Schmidts' Visit

Thanksgiving went smoothly at Maggie and Mike's house. We had most of the traditional fixings. The food was tasty and plentiful. Bob and I left with a lot of leftovers that are mostly finished now.

We had a nice group of people to enjoy Thanksgiving. Our participants included Kathleen, Joe, Bob, Maggie, Mike (Schabel), Aunt Rita, her son Johnny, and myself. It was nice to see my aunt and cousin again.

After Aunt Rita and my cousin left, I performed the Christmas Gift Exchange. The people who were left (Joe was gone at this time because he was under the weather, but he chose his person before he left.)picked names out of a hat for themselves and for those not present. Each person buys for only one person with a $45-$50 spending cap. In general, submissions are e-mailed to me, and I send them to their person. We have been doing this since 1990. We have gained and lost people over the years, but one thing hasn't changed. The fun in shopping has continued (for most of us).

Another fun event occurred on Saturday. The Schmidts came over to Maggie and Mike's for Beef Rotini, (Some people may call it slumgullion, which is a watery meat stew. Noodles, pasta, or anything else were not specified. I learned all this in the dictionary. Until now, I would have spelled it with an "n" instead of an "m".) corn, rolls (cinnamon and Pillsbury Grands), and various pies. It was good to see Kendal, Hayden, and their parents again. Other participants include the Thanksgiving group (Minus Bob, Rita, and Johnny) plus Tim and Lois. It was a fun experience. I hope Christmas and Maggie's Birthday are as much fun.

Until next time, have fun shopping!

No comments: