Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Rock Hall and Other Stuff

On January 18, Bob and I went to the Rock Hall. After our regular #35 bus, we took the B Line Trolley (Free for everyone anytime) and walked from East 9th and Lakeside down to the Rock Hall. We didn't waste time waiting for a train that wouldn't come until the afternoon rush hour like we did last year. We also avoided the huge crowds that a free admission day by leaving one bus earlier than normal. There were many interesting exhibits. Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, and Bruce Springsteen all had temporary exhibits that may or may be not there if you visit the Rock Hall. We watched a movie on songwriting which is regularly featured, so it may be there at a later time. Since we go at least once a year, we only stayed about 90 minutes. Even in the short time that we stayed, it was enjoyable.

After leaving the Rock Hall, we walked to Superior and East 9th to catch the #51 bus to SouthPark Mall. We ate at Five Guys. The burgers, fries, and peanuts were tasty. After only buying lottery tickets, we then went to Southland Shopping Center in Middleburg Heights. We browsed at Marc's, Giant Eagle, and Sears (Yes, there's a Sears at SouthPark, but we were looking at Lands End bargains.). We then went to dinner at Bakers Square across from Southland. After a delicious meal, we visited Andy's Hardware to find an interior lamp socket for an old lamp near our couch. We were not successful. I returned on Friday and bought it because the guy said it would work. It would work in our other lamps, but not in the broken lamp. This socket has been hard to find. Even Home Depot and Lowes don't have it. We might have to order it online and pay for shipping. We are hoping for a miracle. We ended the trip with a two bus trip home. We then relaxed.

The next morning was eventful. I was running late to catch a bus to buy bananas for Bob. I managed to fall on the ice that was on the sidewalk next door. I banged up my knee and ripped my pants that I wore to Costco on November 18, but I wasn't seriously hurt. I am still a little sore, but it could have been worse. We bought the bananas the next day at Wal Mart.

My trip yesterday for bananas at Save-a-Lot (Brookpark and Broadview Roads) was a lot smoother healthwise. It involved a ten minute walk from State and Brookpark Roads because I was not waiting ten minutes at Broadview and Pearl Roads in very cold conditions for a bus to take me a lot closer to Save-a-Lot. I had just missed the previous bus by about a minute because I was competing with the people on a narrow stairwell who were catching their trains after I left my train. (That's a story for another day!) If the next bus that would have taken me closer to my destination would have arrived sooner, I would have waited, but I caught the bus that made the trip easier without waiting for a bus that could have been late. Exercise is good! However, I took the bus home because it was coming soon after I left Save-a-Lot. It was late, but it kept me out of the cold for a brief period. It was so good to be home. (For research purposes, go to http://www.riderta.com . Check out the #20A, #35, #51, and #79 schedules. The B and E Line trolleys do not have posted schedules, but they come about ten minutes apart (For each one).

In closing, I would like to offer a belated 30th Birthday wish to my nephew-in-law Mike Schmidt. His birthday was on January 16th, but I forgot to post it here. However, I didn't forget to send a birthday present. I hope that he enjoyed his birthday.

There will be more insights in the future.

No comments: