Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

The McDonnell family Thanksgiving was a small affair. For dinner, it was Bob, Kathleen, Mike and Maggie Schabel, Joe, and myself. Paul and Mandy arrived just before dessert because they were at Paul's sister's house. We had the usual Thanksgiving fixings. Dessert consisted of Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Satin Pie, Cheesecake, Apple Pie, (Bob and I provided it from Perkins. (In the Denny's and Friendly's class of chain restaurants)) and Margarita-flavored jello. All of the food was delicious.

After the dessert course was over, the names for the Gift Exchange were selected. There are some complications again, so, once again, they won't be posted on this blog. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable and peaceful evening.

I will not be shopping for Black Friday items. However, I will be buying December bus passes for Bob and myself. Ohio Classic Lotto and Powerball tickets will also be purchased as well. I'll see how crowded Giant Eagle (It was open on Thanksgiving.) across from Midtown Plaza will be.

Until next time, I hope that all of my readers enjoyed Thanksgiving. I also hope that they also survive Black Friday and the rest of the various shopping seasons. Keep up with your research.

No comments: