Friday, January 7, 2011

Shopping Was Not a Problem, Even on Christmas Eve.

Once again, I visited Ziggy's Produce on Orthodox Christmas Eve to buy my Classic Lotto (Ohio) and Powerball tickets. Unlike last year, there was no long line. I came in a little after 4:00 P.M. A customer came in around the same time, but she was looking at items beyond lottery, so I was able to go in line and quickly pick up my lottery tickets. I reminisced about how busy it was last Orthodox Christmas Eve. We have a lot of Orthodox churches in my area, but Orthodox Christmas receives scant attention in the mainstream media. It did receive some post-Christmas publicity in The Plain Dealer shortly after the holiday last year. We'll have to wait for the publicity this year. I wonder if there will be any good post-Christmas sales this year. If there are, they will not be heavily publicized.

I hope that my Orthodox readers enjoyed their Christmas holiday this year.

No comments: