Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Party to Remember

Earlier this evening, we celebrated my Uncle Ed and Aunt Joan's 50th Wedding Anniversary. The festivities started with a Mass at St. Bridget Kildare Church on Hauserman Road in Parma (not far from Holy Name High School where I graduated in 1990). The happy couple renewed their wedding vows. Most of us also had our throats blessed since St. Blase Day is coming soon.

We then went to the Middleburg Heights Community Center for a nice dinner. The appetizers were a nice variety of fruit (which I skipped because my appetizer plate was full), cheeses, crackers, and vegetables. The entrees were ham, breaded chicken, rigatoni, rice, salad, rolls, navy beans and some other items that I have forgotten. Dessert was Red Velvet Cake, Cassata Cake, and Carrot Cake, I only had the first one. The Cassata cake didn't excite me. The carrot cake was apparently gone by the time, I reached the dessert area. The food was very appetizing. We spent the evening socializing with relatives that I haven't seen since 2007 (Maggie, Mike Schabel, and Kathleen are the exceptions.). If you didn't have a good time, you must have been on another planet. I am so glad that I attended this event. The next 50th Anniversary party that I hope to attend will be for my sister Patty and her husband Dan in 2023. It should be another fun event. I will be 52 years old by then.

Until then, have fun with life.

1 comment:

Mary Short said...

I like your summary. I also enjoyed the party. The video of old pictures was a fun way to reminice.

Mary