Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chili's and IHOP

My brother Bob and I made our Chili's debut at lunchtime today. My niece Mandy and her husband Paul gave me Applebee's and Chili's (and Friends) Gift Cards for my 40th birthday in October. Chili's started a two entrees and a shared appetizer for $20 deal, similar to Applebee's, recently. In anticipation for my visit, I joined Chili's e-club. The deal was free chips and queso (With an entree purchase, as indicated in the fine print on my coupon). Since the coupon was expiring soon, we went to the Chili's across from Great Northern Mall in North Olmsted. I had the Quesadilla Explosion Salad. Bob had Chicken Fajitas. We shared a half order of Texas Cheese Fries as our appetizer. Salsa and Ranch Dressing were the accompaniments. Even with the meal deal, we were still able to enjoy our free chips and queso (Normally $4.99). We had Cokes as our drinks. Though the food appeared to be too much for lunch, we only left some of the queso, and most of the salsa. If we had spoons (They serve soup!), we might have finished both leftovers. The food was quite appetizing!
We then burned off the food by going through the mall and visiting Petsmart in the adjacent strip mall. We then headed for Steelyard Commons to do some window shopping before dinner. Home Depot, Petco, Marshall's, and Target were our stops before dinner.
After the window shopping was finished, we went over to IHOP. I had Grilled Tilapia Hollandaise with Loaded Potato Soup, Broccoli, Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Bread, and Pepsi. Bob had Pot Roast, Corn, and Seasoned Redskin Potatoes. (Yes, we reversed the potatoes.) His soup, bread, and beverage were the same as mine. The food was mostly O.K., but we were still full from lunch. We then came home and relaxed for the rest of the evening. It was a day of interesting food.

No comments: