Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dining Out

Yesterday, I had a late breakfast (11:00) at the IHOP at Steelyard Commons in Cleveland. I enjoyed my short stack of three pancakes with a bowl of loaded potato and bacon soup and Pepsi. The pancakes were free with a consideration of a donation to the Children's Miracle Network. As a result, the place was a little more crowded than my usual dinner visits, but I was in and out in about half an hour. Since the bus was coming soon, I skipped Wal-Mart Supercenter. After the first bus, I took another bus and then I walked down Portman Ave. to Broadview Road towards home.

After about an hour at home, I left for Moe's Southwest Grill by Parmatown. They were celebrating the branch's new Facebook Page by offering $2 Burritos. I had a top of the line Chicken Burrito with Sour Cream AND Guacamole. It wasn't too crowded at 2:00 P.M., but a few people showed up after me. The food was delicious. After lunch, I went to the nearby Target. I picked up some Frozen Banquet dinners for my brother Bob. Normally, the lines are not too long at Target. Of course, the lines were a little longer than I wanted. The good news was that the food was cheaper than the display price. Some cashiers arrived to handle the customers, but it happened as I was checking out.

I then ran for the bus. Fortunately, a couple of other people used the bus stop, so it didn't take off. This wasn't my first run for a bus today. I ran for my Broadview Road bus to start this trip. It appeared to be way early. There was one other passenger. What I didn't know at the time, was that the bus had broken down. Fortunately, the expected bus was on schedule, so I made my connection. I made my connection on the way home. There is a little more time between buses on this trip. The bus was also late. I then came home.

After a short time home, Bob and I went to Baker's Square in Parma Heights. The first bus was on time. The second bus was late, which may have made it a little more crowded than normal. After leaving the bus, we had to avoid snow mounds that blocked the sidewalk. Once we reached the restaurant, I enjoyed the Pie Shop Special. I had half a ham and Swiss sandwich on Oat Bran bread, a Garden Salad, Mint Brownie Blast Pie, and Coke. We then headed for the bus stop. The bus was a little late, but since there was no action on Pearl Road, we made our bus home. The rest of the evening was spent relaxing.

Tomorrow, we are going to have BOGO food from Chipotle. It could be interesting. Expect a report.

I am trying something new. This blog may be found in my Facebook Notes section. I am looking at Facebook for Dummies. If I follow the instructions, my Facebook page will never be the same. Details will follow in my next report.

No comments: