Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bill and Bob's Memorable Vacation (Part 8)

April 14 was a relatively quiet day!  Dan Sr. drove me to the Bigelow Library in Clinton, MA.  For a small town, it was an adequate library!  For me, it made me miss our libraries a lot!  I caught up on some Saturday newspapers from Central MA!  The local phone book was from 2009!  Although the library closes at 1:00 P.M., I left early!  I walked down High Street in Clinton!  Clinton is a very nice small town!  As I reached Main Street, I saw many newer convertibles at a service garage near the Walgreen's and Hannaford Supermarket.  I am used to seeing old cars "tailgating" in the strip mall which holds the Chinese Restaurant where we picked up the food for my birthday party last year!  This was an interesting experience that I will remember for a long time.  I also picked up some sliced potatoes from Hannaford.  Since the Hannaford was crowded, I had Dan SR. pick me up from the library as we had arranged.  He would have picked me up from the Hannaford, but I decided that the library was easier.

After I came back to Patty and Dan Sr.'s, I had tuna (Wegman's), sliced potatoes, a hard boiled egg, Provolone Cheese (Market Basket) and Coke for lunch!  Dan Sr. went to Lowe's (Near the Aldi featured in my story about April 10) to pick up some supplies!  Since I was in the process of eating lunch, I skipped Lowe's.  I relaxed the rest of the afternoon!

Later in the afternoon, Bob, Patty, Dan Sr., and I returned to Immaculate Conception Church in Lancaster for the 4:30 Vigil Mass.  We then came home to prepare to visit Amy and Dave's house for a cookout!

The house is in Medway, MA.   It is a very impressive house!  We enjoyed hot dogs and hamburgers, mostly provided by Dan and Patty!  Amy supplied Baked Brie and "fancy cheese spread"!  She also provided ice cream for dessert from Whole Foods with homemade hot fudge and whipped cream.  The caramel and sprinkles came from the store!  The sprinkles were from Crate and Barrel!  Once again, I enjoyed my dining experience.

After coming home, with a slight detour to a local liquor store, we relaxed for the rest of the evening! 

The next two days will be just as interesting! 

No comments: