Friday, April 20, 2012

Bill and Bob's Memorable Vacation (Part 4)

April 10 (My Great Niece Hayden's Fourth Birthday) was not much different than April 9th.  Patty, Bob, and I started off at Aldi in Leominster!  My sister Patty fell in love with the prices!  There were very few customers in the store!  Aldi is still relatively new to Massachusetts!  We bought a lot of food that will be consumed, one way or the other (Some of it is coming back when Patty and Dan visit NE Ohio Next Week!).

Patty then dropped us near The Mall at Whitney Field!  Bob and I ate at D'Angelo's Grilled Subs!  I had a Ham and Cheese Sub!  Bob had a Meatball and Cheese Sub.  Both of our subs came with chips in a special, but the soda was not included in the deal!  D'Angelo's is a place where you need many visits to appreciate all that they offer.

We then walked to the Mall!  It was not that great, but it was adequate for the market!  Sears, JcPenney, and Macy's are the anchors!  It reminds me a lot of Richmond Town Square in Richmond Hts., OH.  There are fewer vacancies at The Mall at Whitney Field, though!  We then walked over to the adjacent Market Basket grocery store!  Since I wasn't really looking for anything, I didn't do any price comparisons!  However, I did find some store brand cough drops (50 Drops for $.99).  I haven't seen a price like that since last year!  Dan and Patty will be enjoying these cough drops! 

After calling Patty to pick us up to take us to the strip mall with Target and Kohl's, we made it to the Orchard Hill Park complex!  If you lived in the Fitchburg-Leominster area, the shopping center would be adequate.  There is no grocery store, though!  There are other strips in Fitchburg and Leominster.

We came home!  Patty later cooked Russian Beef Stroganoff!  It was tasty, but I prefer the recipe that my late Mom and my sister Maggie prepare!  We relaxed the rest of the evening!

Wednesday in Massachusetts will be very interesting!  

No comments: