Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bill and Bob's Memorable Vacation (Part 10)

Our last day started with some organization of our "luggage."   We had three carry-ons.  Our original suitcase is probably in the Warren, OH area because Patty and Dan Sr. were scheduled to drive into Dan Jr. and Laura's house tonight!  Other than a belt, everything that I intended to take home on April 16 came home.

Dan Sr. took us to the TF Green Providence Airport in Warwick, RI.  Patty offered to make us sandwiches for lunch, but I wanted to get food from the Airport Food Court!  The main choices were Quizno's (Price Gouging = No Customers.), Famous Famiglia (Maybe Next Time), and Johnny Rocket's (Our Choice).  Dunkin Donuts was also nearby!!  Bob had a burger!  I had a Boca Burger.  We split an order of "American" Fries.  Our food was just over $20!  Since Johnny Rockets left Cleveland a few years back, I have no evidence of price gouging.  I knew that it was a sit-down restaurant when it was at Southpark and Beachwood Place malls.  (Famous Famiglia was also at Beachwood Place at one time when the Food Court was on the Lower Level.  The Food Court is now on the Upper Level.)  The food was tasty!  If Johnny Rockets came back closer than Sandusky (Cedar Point), I might consider it for dinner.

Before lunch, we went through security.  Other than initially forgetting to take off my shoes, I was happy with both of my airport security experiences.  We were ready to return to Cleveland.

Our flight was practically uneventful with some mild turbulence.  Our flight attendant, Mary, was amusing only with individual passengers.  We made it into Hopkins Airport in Cleveland on time.

We then called Maggie to pick us up.  She took us to our house.  We relaxed for awhile.  Maggie then took us to Giant Eagle in Parma (Near Midtown) because we needed milk and orange juice.  Our milk went bad while we were gone. (I had called Maggie on April 7 to take our milk when she came to check on Morgan the Cat, but "technical problems"  kept her from receiving the message.)  We also picked up some gift cards.  We then picked up some take out food from a nearby Mr. Hero.  Bob and I enjoyed Rigatoni with Meatballs.  Maggie had a sandwich with us because she was hungry.  Bob even got food for Mike, Maggie's husband.  I hope that he enjoyed his sandwich.  Most of his known fast food consumption comes from Wendy's seven days a week.  (He rarely misses a day!)

We then relaxed the rest of the evening.   Visiting four states in just over a week can be fun, but it is nice to be back home where everything is familiar.  We had a great time, though!

My next report will be in about a week or so.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

So glad that you visited in MA, NY, CT and RI. I enjoyed the 10 day blog.