Friday, March 15, 2013

Fish Fry #1

Tonight, I had dinner at the Brooklyn Heights United Church of Christ on West Schaaf Road in Cleveland.  I had two pieces of fish, two pierogis, French fries., cole slaw, a roll, a slice of chocolate cake, and a can of Coke!  It cost $8.50! (For a dollar less, there would have been no pierogis.) 

The food was tasty!  Other than the fact that guests who ordered after me had their soda cans before me, the whole process was very smooth!  Most of the food was served on regular plates!  The roll came in a basket.  The cake was on a Styrofoam saucer. 

I hope that next week's fish fry at St. Leo the Great Church on Broadview Road in Cleveland goes just as well.  Unlike in past years, this is a one time event during the Lenten Season.  I also had to pay in advance for this event, which is also different than before.  The meal options are more limited this year.  This meal cost $8.00.

A Lobster meal was also available for $17.  A second lobster would have been $10 extra!  They have had the advance order lobster meal once a season in recent years.

My next report will not be about the next Fish Fry!  Sunday is a major holiday for people of Irish Heritage.   Even if you are not Irish, people love to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

Have a safe weekend!!

No comments: