Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patrick's Day (Part 2)

After a brief period of relaxation, my brother Bob and I took the #35 bus to Sears Hardware on Broadview Road.  Despite the St. Patrick's Day Crowd returning from the parade, the bus was only about four minutes late when we caught it.  Upon arrival, I called Maggie and Mike to come and pick us up for the short ride to their house.  Mike was the chauffeur.

Our meal consisted of Corned Beef, Rye Bread, Various Cheeses (American, Swiss, Cheddar Jack), Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash Ravioli, McCain's Sweet Potato Fries, Cole Slaw, Applesauce (I believe that it was Mott's.), Carrots (Raw and Glazed), Apple Crisp, Green Jell-o with Whipped Cream (Maggie does not make "plain" Jell-O.), and Marie Callender's Peanut Butter Cream Pie.  We could have made it "A La Mode" with Edy's Slow Churned Vanilla Frozen Yogurt, but we were planning on eating our ice cream from Honey Hut for evening snack, so we passed.  The food was quite enjoyable.  By the way, my sister ran out of time to make cabbage, but it was no big deal.

We relaxed some more, than Mike took Bob and me home!  We watched the Cartoons on Fox, then we relaxed some more.  The fun was only beginning.

We enjoyed our ice cream!  Bob had Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.  I had Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.  Bruce Page (son of the Founder Frank Page) also gave us some ice cream that I believe to be Maple Walnut.  The artificial green color that was added in recent years is no longer present in the Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.  Despite leaving the ice cream out for a time with the lid closed, my ice cream was not ice cream soup. 

After some more relaxation, our day was over.  It was very busy but enjoyable.  I hope that Easter works as well.  Bob and I are helping with the meal as usual (We had last year off.).       

No comments: