Friday, March 21, 2014

Faith, Family, and Food (Part 3)

March 21 started off at MetroHealth Medical Center's Pharmacy to request the filling of prescription Nasal Spray.  After a shorter than expected wait, the prescription was processed.  Since it was going to take an hour to fill, I decided to pick up the prescription later.

I then came home to have pierogies prepared by my brother Bob.  We also finished the Potatoes O'Brien and the Sweet Potato Fries from St. Patrick's Day.  Bob also had some cabbage, but my plate was full.  All the food was delicious.

Bob and I then headed for Downtown Cleveland.  Bob was going to work.  I was headed for the Rocky River Public Library.  I read the latest Billboard Magazine.  I then looked for a book that I had ordered from the Cuyahoga County Public Library on March 19.  Since it was available, I checked it out.  I then headed back to Downtown Cleveland to catch a bus for MetroHealth.  It only took me about five minutes to pick up the prescription.  Normally, Friday afternoon is extremely busy because the pharmacy is closed on weekends.  I then took a bus to the Brooklyn Branch of the Cleveland Public Library.  I cancelled the book order, but the book was already at its destination.  Perhaps, I may have to pretend that I am returning the book on my next visit to the Parma Snow Library.

I then headed to St. Leo the Great Church for its Friday Lenten Fish Fry, which returned after an absence of a few years.  (Last year's event was an one time only occurrence.)  I had Baked Tilapia Almondine, a Baked Potato, Cole Slaw (Applesauce was available, but since it was Cole Slaw or Applesauce, I didn't take any.  (However, since it was "self serve", and there was no A La Carte provision for Cole Slaw or Applesauce, I could have probably had both.)  I paid for my dinner.  I then went for a can of soda, which was $.50.  Since I paid with a dollar, I treated myself to a slice of Chocolate Cake with my change.  This was a first for me at St. Leo's on a solo trip.

I then found a table that had space available.  Before they were done eating, the group found another table.  Another group showed up.  Once again, they left me for another table (The patriarch decided that the table was slightly closer to the end of the line.) (I don't know the official reason why the first group left.) 

Even with the disruptions, I enjoyed my dinner.  Before I finished my can of Coke,  I attempted to catch a bus for a short ride towards my house.  Two things helped me in this plan.  The front door was available for exiting (It was not the case for my entrance.).  Also, a passenger exited the bus after the bus was stopped by a Red Light.  Despite the driver driving faster than normal, I did not spill my soda.  I finished the soda on my walk home.  The rest of the evening will be spent relaxing (after I finish this blog entry, of course).

This was another memorable day.  I am looking forward to my Protestant Fish Fry in the coming weeks.  There will probably be a report here.      

No comments: