Monday, March 3, 2014

The Cheesecake Factory without Penny and Bernadette

On February 28, my nephew Dan Jr. turned 40.  As a result, his parents Dan Sr. and Patty, his brother Patrick, and his sister Amy all came to visit him and his family.  As we have done in recent times, we had a family lunch or dinner.  Since Patrick and Amy wanted to see my Aunt Rita, Patty wanted a restaurant that was near Aunt Rita's residence.  Her choice was to have lunch at The Cheesecake Factory in Westlake, OH.


In addition to the people mentioned in the last paragraph, my sisters Kathleen and Maggie and my brothers Joe and Bob joined me in the festivities.  In general, most of us enjoyed our meals, though finishing our plates was not going to happen.  However, cheesecakes were split between two people.  This was a perfect plan because the slices are huge with the prices to match.

I had a Veggie Burger that was very powerful in flavor.  My French Fries were delicious, though.  In addition, I sampled fried macaroni and cheese.  I also had both the oat bran and sourdough breads that were complementary.

In addition to the food, we enjoyed stories from my nephews.  My favorite story was when Dan Jr.'s daughter Amy threw a party gift kickball down a spiral staircase at Maggiano's Little Italy in Beachwood during a birthday party.  I can picture Dan Jr. doing the same thing during the early '80s, when he would have been a little older than Amy is now (She's six.)!  Thankfully, Amy and Emily didn't do anything that memorable when we were at Maggiano's on October 12, 2013.

After lunch, Kathleen took Bob and me home, where we relaxed for the rest of the day.  We had a late dinner (7:30-8:00 P.M.) of Meatballs in Lowfat Chicken Broth and Mashed Potatoes that I had made last night.  A can of freshly opened butter beans topped off the meal.  It was too cold (9 Degrees Fahrenheit) to leave the house just for dinner.  Tomorrow's events are undetermined.

It is nice to spend time with your family.  I may have enjoyed it more if either Penny or Bernadette were our waitress for the meal.  Thankfully, there are reruns of The Big Bang Theory to live out that fantasy.

Have a good night!!

No comments: