Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Wish List Stories

Here are the long overdue stories that I have promised to tell. As it turns out, there are three funny stories from the Gift Exchange. First, Mike Schabel sent both his and Maggie's Wish List in the same e-mail, but he left a pronoun out that would have clearly marked their individual desires. Instead, it came out sounding like both items requested were from Maggie. I just assumed that the requests were from separate people. Second, Mandy and Amy had to re-send their messages. Mandy had an electrical problem. Amy's problem is a mystery to me.

Finally, Patty had the most "fun" trying to get Lois's present. After talking to her friend, Amy Gould, to make sure that she had power after the Ice Storm that had hit New England in December. She had power in Lunenberg, MA, but Patty's goal of Kohl's in nearby Leominster, MA failed when that store was without power. This could have been avoided by calling Kohl's, but I would have "gambled", too. Unfortunately, other Kohls are about forty-five minutes away. Also, if Patty wasn't familiar with all of her area Kohls, she couldn't do the Internet research, because she was without power at that time. As a result, Lois received a check and a letter explaining what happened. (Her other choice, Steve's Dakota Grille, is only in Ohio, and their website doesn't sell Gift Cards online.) In general, we all enjoyed our presents as far as I know.

Speaking of Christmas, the list of people from Maggie's birthday on December 27 are now a comment on the post of January 2 at http://kendalmarie.blogspot.com/. When I originally wrote this post, apparently I didn't allow the post to open up totally, so I didn't see the comment link for that post. As a result, I gave some bad information about where the post was going to be. I hope that the comments are still a draft for my eyes only as I am the only person who can edit this blog at this time. I hope that my readers will appreciate matching faces with people from this blog. Also, my non-family readers are welcome to guess who took the picture. It should be easy if you read my December 27 post and use the process of elimination. I hope to report here again real soon.

No comments: