Friday, January 2, 2009

Family Dinner

Last night, we had a family dinner at Max and Erma's in Middleburg Heights, OH. The participants were Dan SR., Patty, Kathleen, Tim, Lois, Joe, Bob, Dan JR., Laura, Mandy, Amy Marie, and myself. Mike and Maggie had a prior commitment. Paul was working on a car at his house. The rest of the immediate family live out of state.

Since we didn't hook up with Dan JR. and Laura at Christmas, Bob and Kathleen received their Christmas presents from them. (Dan Sr. had his daughter, Amy, (who lives near him) in the Gift Exchange, and Patty mailed Lois her gift.) Kathleen provided Christmas presents for Amy Marie and birthday presents for Dan Sr. and Laura. I discussed my gift to Dan JR. with him. I told him that his Sears Gift Card could also be used at K Mart. It was news to him, although it said so on the card. I told him not to let Laura use it at Super K Mart (in Niles, OH). (For the record, K Mart is the most convenient of all the discount stores in my area by bus. During the week (Monday through Friday), I have a one bus trip to a K Mart on both branches of the #35 bus Southbound. (http://www.riderta.com) I also have a Super K Mart not too far away in Brooklyn, OH. I hope that K Mart survives because there is more to discount shopping than Target and Wal Mart. We enjoyed the food and family atmosphere.

During the trip to Max and Erma's, I learned that Patty, and probably Dan Sr., (Dan JR., Laura, and Amy Marie's participation was not mentioned. I will let you know if they participated in a future posting.) visited the Schmidts at Mike's parents house in Medina, OH on Sunday. (You know about it from my report on Kendal's second birthday party and Hayden's "Coronation" back in May.) In addition, Dan Sr.'s brother Michael became a first time grandfather when his son Jimmy and his wife had a baby girl on Tuesday. Speaking of grandparents, Dan Sr. and Patty's second grandchild will probably be a girl. If you're keeping score, that make four great-nieces for me. In a few months, I hope to share the joyful news.

My next posting should be about the long awaited "funny stories" about the Gift Exchange that I have been promising you for over a week. Until then, enjoy the New Year.

No comments: