Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Day

Today was an interesting day. It started with a trip to the Brooklyn Animal Hospital (Actually in Cleveland on Pearl Road). Squeaky the cat had not eaten in days, and she has some "gunk" in her eye. We learned that she was constipated. She is being held overnight. Bob, Maggie, and I will be picking her up in the morning. There are more technical details, but I am trying to keep it simple.

Later in the day, after my trip to the Maple Heights Library, I went to Super Wal Mart in Bedford to pick up some Lean Gourmet dinners. I struck out there. I manage to miss the bus to downtown by a few minutes. I then take a short bus ride to the Southgate Transit Center. I then take a bus down to the Warrensville-Van Aken Rapid Station to catch a train downtown. Any other day, I would have had connections. Unfortunately, we were delayed by twenty minutes because Barack Obama was on his way out of Shaker Heights, where I was, after speaking at the high school. I was going to go to Super Wal Mart at Steelyard Commons to attempt the shopping that I failed to do earlier. It was getting late, so I decided to go to Save-a-Lot by my house to buy some bananas. I made it downtown in time to make a bus that would use the freeway to speed up the trip. Unfortunately, I attempted a shortcut that is beneficial when the Indians and/or Cavs are in town. I learned that the Walkway to Gateway is only open for special events. I then try the Federal Courthouse Walkway. I went all the way through the underground parking lot. I went back into Tower City and left through the entrance near Euclid and Ontario Avenues. I walked to catch one of two buses to take me to Save-a-Lot. After a longer than anticipated wait, I caught a bus, bought the bananas, and headed for the bus stop to catch my bus home. There was a bus laying over to relieve a bus that had broken down somewhere along the route. My bus was coming soon, but the driver of the layover bus invited me on his bus. I assumed that he was leaving soon (It originally said "Not in Service.") . Of course, two minutes later, my expected bus went by, but my driver left a few minutes later. He thanked me for waiting. I then came home and relaxed. Next time, if the next bus is coming soon, I will take it. I have had enough inconveniences for one day.

No comments: