Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mandy (and Other News)

Today is my niece Mandy's Birthday. I hope that she enjoyed her day. If I find out any details, I will let you know.



In other news, Bob bought a Digital Camera at Staples in Brooklyn, OH on Monday. Eventually, he will receive a $50 Gift Card from Staples. I also hope to provide some "great" pictures to this blog eventually. I picked up a Memory card yesterday at Super Wal-Mart in Strongsville, OH, but it hasn't been installed yet.



I was in Strongsville to acquire anti-virus/anti-spyware software from Best Buy that will be free for six months. It should have been offered to me when I bought my computer last week. Bob and I learned about the offer when we were at Best Buy in North Olmsted, OH on Monday. Since we were going to Staples later that day, (We also wanted to catch a bus.) we didn't investigate the offer until we visited the Best Buy next door to Staples (For the record, H.H. Gregg across the street is in Cleveland. The other side of Brookpark at that point is in Parma. Best Buy's location is shown to be in Parma in their correspondence. There is nothing wrong with Brooklyn. K Mart accepted being in Brooklyn when they were in Best Buy and Staples' current complex. That's more than you needed to know.) .

An employee in the Computer Department gave us a disc. He referred us to the Customer Service Department. Since we didn't have the original receipt, I presented my credit card. A copy of my receipt was produced. In order to attain the offer post purchase, I had to "return" and "re-buy" the computer. The new price was over the original price because the Gift Cards were not properly taken off. Eventually, the price was slightly lower than I paid, but my Credit Card was rejected due to "insufficient funds." We had the deal reversed.

Yesterday, I tried again. The same procedure was going to happen again, but a clerk, who knew how to handle it fluently, arranged it so that I didn't have to re-buy the computer. Also, the disc was a different brand, which lessens the panic based on the potential information that the other company may have received from Best Buy." Hopefully, my Credit Card Statement will show the original price after all the adjustments. I'll let you know.

Super Wal-Mart was not a problem, although the Memory Card was two dollars cheaper at Wal-Mart Online. I bought it anyways. Tune in to find out.

No comments: