Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Birthday

On Wednesday, I turned 39. Bob and I went to breakfast at Eat 'n' Park. We took advantage of their $3.99 breakfast special consisting of three eggs, three pieces of bacon or sausage (patties), choice of potato, and toast. I also had a free dessert with an entree coupon from my membership in their club. Surprisingly, I was able to take advantage of it at breakfast time. I chose New York Style Cheesecake, but I ate it later that evening.

After coming home, I made a trip to the Parma-Snow Library. (Since Eat 'n' Park is next to the library, I could have stayed up there, but I wanted to return some materials which I didn't bring to breakfast.) I then went to Giant Eagle to buy some cereal. They were out of the Golden Grahams that were on sale, but otherwise, I was successful. I came home and had a light lunch.

Since I had a free entree (except fajitas) coupon from Moe's Southwest Grille, I went to the outlet near Parmatown. I had a chicken burrito, chips and salsa, (Kaiser and El Guapo's Infamous) and Coke. I could have taken a bus towards home after dinner, but I was on the hunt for Golden Grahams, so I went to the adjacent Giant Eagle. I struck out again. I also planned to buy cough drops from Dollar Tree. It could have waited till the next day, (I was near a Dollar Tree store on my trip to the Rocky River Library.) but I took a chance. I was successful, but I missed my bus (It was either early or mis-marked as a bus headed back to the garage.). I then walked down to the Transit Center. I eventually took two buses (I barely made the second bus because the first driver left late after saying he wasn't taking his break because he was late arriving.) to Broadview and Pearl and walked home from there. I watched TV (when I wasn't on the phone) and relaxed. It was a birthday to remember.

Tomorrow is Celebration Day. Details will follow.

No comments: