Sunday, March 7, 2010

An Evening with My Sister(s) (and My Great Nieces)

I spent the evening with my sister Patty, her son Dan Jr., his wife Laura, and their daughters Amy and Emily at Dan Jr. and Laura's house in Howland Township, OH (near Warren). (The previous sentence reminds me of a "formal" introduction from The Jetsons.) Also in attendance, were my sisters Kathleen and Maggie, Maggie's husband Mike, and my brother Bob. My brother Joe called during our visit. My brother Tim and his companion Lois were scheduled to appear, but they had not arrived by the time Bob, Maggie, Mike, and I left just before 7:00 P.M. It would have been nice to see them. It's been awhile.

We ate pizza from Salvatore's Italian Grill in Howland Township and a homemade salad. Our appetizers were Potato Chips and Sun Chips (Harvest Cheddar). For dessert, we had an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, a Pepperidge Farm Coconut Cake, Rice Krispie Treats (Traditional and Chocolate), and Girl Scout Cookies. The food was so delicious that we brought home leftovers.

In addition to the food, Amy Marie amused us with her charming personality. It's hard to forget that Amy Marie is three years old yet. She reminds me a lot of her father when he was growing up. Emily is so cute. She is only ten months old. The future appears to be so bright for both of them.

The adults told interesting stories that are best enjoyed by the guests who were there. It was a nice gathering. It's the first time in almost two years that we could all fit in the dining room. We had a few meals like this when Dan and Laura lived in Chardon.

The gathering, as far as we are concerned, was shorter than the Academy Awards. The telecast just ended as I write this. This blog entry seems like a "short feature" even though it took me a long time to write this. On that note, I bid adieu.

No comments: