Saturday, March 20, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Bob and I started off March 17 at Parmatown Mall. We started off with lunch at Wendy's on Ridge Road. I had a Double Stack, a Sour Cream and Chive Baked Potato, and a Value Size Coke, which was free because I had purchased a coupon book whose proceeds benefit Northeast Ohio children who are waiting to be adopted. Bob had two small chilis (Cheaper than a Large), free Value Size Fries (Same Coupon Book), and a Value Size Coke. The restaurant did not have extremely long lines, although it was lunchtime (around Noon). The food was tasty, although Bob regrets the Chili Sauce that he put into one of his chilis, but the effect did not last long.

We did not spend much money on this trip. I bought $4.00 worth of Ohio's Classic Lotto and Mega Millions tickets. While I was buying the tickets, Bob saw a self-serve Lottery Machine (I have filled out my Classic Lotto form with my regular numbers, but not my Megamillions form yet. In addition, if I played Auto Lotto, I could have used the machine.) and decided to splurge on an Irish themed ticket for a dollar. We broke even. Since the machine did not have a redemption function, I went back to the Customer Service area where I had bought my tickets earlier to get my buck. In addition, I got a free refill on our eyeglass lens cleaner (My sister had bought a Lens Cleaner Kit years ago from Wal Mart. (Guess which sister: Kathleen, Patty, or Maggie?)). Although we did not spend a lot of money, we had fun.

On the way home, Bob and I stopped off at Honey Hut Ice Cream to celebrate its opening day. I had Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in a cup. Bob had a scoop each of Coconut and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Creams in a cup. Our ice creams were tasty. After a fifteen minute walk, we were home.

Before continuing with the rest of our day, I should educate my readers about Honey Hut. It is a Cleveland institution. It was started by my Godfather Frank Page over thirty years ago. It has been named one of the best Ice Creams in various publications over the years. We are privileged to have a number of locations all over the West Side of Greater Cleveland. In fact, we pass by two branches when we take the #20A bus to and from Parmatown. When you're in Cleveland between now and November, please patronize this establishment.

After resting for a few hours, Bob and I took the #35 bus to Broadview and Pleasant Valley Roads. I then called Maggie to pick us up, so we could eat corned beef and cabbage (and a whole lot of other things). The food was quite tasty. It was a quiet gathering. Maggie's husband Mike was the only other participant for this dinner. Eventually, Mike and Maggie took us home. It was a long day, but it was fulfilling.

Until next time, Go Cavs!

No comments: