Saturday, April 3, 2010

No Jury Duty (and Other News)

I was supposed to have jury duty in Cleveland on Thursday and Friday of last week. However, when I called to get further instructions as stated on the form, the message said that there were no jury seating scheduled for Thursday. I was told to call back on Thursday. Once again, there were no jury seating scheduled. My "commitment" was satisfied. However, you never know if or when I will be summoned again. I was called for jury duty twice in the past (Once as a College Freshman and once at a time that I can't recall, but it's been a number of years.). If it happens again, I'll let you know.

In other news, I will be working for the Census Bureau. My training starts on April 26 at the "Old Brooklyn" building at Broadview and Pearl Roads. It's not too far from my house, but while I was doing research for an "unannounced" fish fry at the Brooklyn Heights United Church of Christ on Schaaf Road (near Broadview) in Cleveland, I discovered that Census training would take place there as well. It's a short walk from my house. The other place is convenient, but the church is closer. Oh well, at least I will be doing something beneficial for our country.

Before I sign off, I would like to wish my readers a Happy Easter (Both "traditional" and Orthodox) and a belated Happy Passover, as well as any other religious holiday that may be coming up in the future.

No comments: