Monday, July 5, 2010

More of My Week with Bob

In my previous story, I mentioned that Bob and I went to Akron on June 29. We had a fun time that day. The fun is only beginning.

On Wednesday, Bob and I went to see Grown-Ups at the AMC Westwood Town Center Theaters in Rocky River. The movie was almost postponed because we were waiting for something better coming out on Thursday. We had planned on going to Great Northern Mall because we had not visited in a long time. Unfortunately, the train was late, so we missed the bus that would have taken us there. We went back to our original plan.

Before the movie, we ate at Wendy's near the theater. Bob wanted the lettuce held on his Single. The clerk was confused, thinking that he wanted the tomato withheld. I corrected the request. The crew didn't get the message. I had to go back to request tomato for his sandwich. I then took the lettuce off his hands. For the record, I had a Grilled Chicken Go Wrap. We both had baked potatoes and Cokes. It was O.K. (At least, my food was.)

After Wendy's, we walked to the theater. There was a handful of people in the cinema . You would think that everyone was seeing the new The Twilight Saga: Eclipse movie. However, I didn't see a long line outside the cinema despite the fact that there was a showing not long after our movie was scheduled to start. That was a relief.

We enjoyed the movie. Like the rest of the crowd, we did not stay through the closing credits. I normally try to do it, but I had to take care of business. We then went to the bus stop (across from Wendy's). Our original plan was to go to Ruby Tuesday in North Olmsted, but we just missed the first of two buses to take us there. I was willing to visit the Westgate Complex to kill time, but Bob decided to take the next bus towards downtown. We ended up at our local Ruby Tuesday in Seven Hills (Across from Qdoba, which is actually in Parma). I had a Chicken Club Quesadilla, and Bob had a steak. They were both appetizing.

After dinner, we walked down to Walgreen's at Broadview and Pleasant Valley Roads to buy milk. I almost walked out of the store without it because I lost sight of it on the counter. I thought that Bob had grabbed it. I made a quick retrieval. We then caught a bus towards home. Bob went home with the milk, but I visited Save-a-Lot to buy orange juice. Before Save-a-Lot, I went to a nearby store to buy tickets for Wednesday's and Friday's lottery drawings. I then took the 20 minute walk home since it would have been foolish to wait for the bus. After the trash went to the lawn for the weekly pickup, we relaxed.

The story will continue in a future post.

No comments: