Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Week with Bob

Bob is back to work after a week's vacation. It was quite a busy week. I only have a day to recover as Bob is off tomorrow because of the holiday.

Last Saturday was quiet as Bob slept after working overnight. I went to the downtown library and then went to St. Leo's Church for 4:00 Mass. After coming home, Bob and I relaxed until he cut the lawn, cleaned the garage gutter, and removed some plant growth off the back of our garage. I cleaned up and bagged the plant growth for disposal.

The next day was more eventful. Bob and I went to Parmatown. We ate at Mr. Hero on Day Drive. After not buying anything at the mall, we went to Honey Hut on State Road in Cleveland and enjoyed ice cream. After "burning off" the calories by walking home, we relaxed for awhile.

I then went to Qdoba on Broadview Road in Parma to pick up food for Bob. A few drops of rain fell as I waited for the bus. There was lightning in the distance as I approached Qdoba. By the time I had my food, the rain started to poor. Thunder and lightning followed. Three split second power outages occurred during my meal. By the time that I was done eating, and Bob's food was in my possession, the storm was over. I came home and was relieved that only a few small branches came off of our trees. (On the previous Wednesday, a medium sized branch fell off the tree on the tree lawn by the front of our house, but it conveniently fell by our trash bag waiting to be collected by the garbage collector on the following day.) Bob enjoyed his dinner and we relaxed for the rest of the evening.

On Monday, Bob and I went to the Cleveland Zoo. Since the trams weren't running, we were on foot the whole time, but we enjoyed ourselves. After the zoo, we went to Arby's at Broadview and Pearl for lunch. We then went to South Park Mall. After buying nothing, we then went home for dinner because I didn't bring the bus schedule to take us to IHOP at Steelyard Commons. We then relaxed for the rest of the evening.

On Tuesday, Bob and I went to the Akron area. We took the bus to Independence (We left earlier than I did two weeks earlier. Unlike my previous trip, we took the Southbound #35 bus.) We were planning to get off by the McDonald's in Independence for a breakfast snack. Unfortunately, the bus stop was removed, so we got off at Rockside and Canal Roads instead of Rockside and Brecksville Roads. As a result, we just waited for the bus to Brecksville. Eventually, we caught the bus to Akron.

Once we reached the Transit Center, we traveled to Chapel Hill Mall and some nearby stores. After buying nothing (Sound familiar!), we went to O'Charley's for lunch. We had entrees and shared the free appetizer (potato skins). We did some more looking and then caught a couple of buses to Summit Mall. I bought a bag of "deformed" cookies from The Cookie Store. We then headed towards Cleveland. After buying some stuff at Discount Drug Mart in Independence, we then went to McDonald's on Snow Road in Parma because it was easier to catch a bus home afterwards. After coming home, we did some more yard work and then relaxed.

I'll have some more stories later.

No comments: