Saturday, July 10, 2010

Still More of My Week with Bob

On July 1st, Kathleen had an appointment in the area, so she took Bob and me shopping at Steelyard Commons. We bought stuff at Deals, Super Wal-Mart, and Target. Let us say that most of the stuff would have been hard to carry all around town.

After Kathleen went home, Bob and I went to Steak and Shake by Parmatown (Steelyard Commons would have been too funny!) for dinner. (By the way, we ate lunch at home.) I had a burger, salad, baked beans, and a Caramel Turtle Fudge shake. If I recall correctly, Bob had a burger, Chicken Gumbo Soup, French Fries, and a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup shake (I'll have that one next time!). We enjoyed our food. We came home and napped.

On July 2nd, Bob and I went to Great Northern Mall. Since we were late leaving the house, we missed the bus to the Rapid Station (West 25th and Lorain). (In my defense, I never saw the bus. If Bob saw it when he did, it may have been a little bit early.) We took the bus from State Road to the aforementioned Rapid Station. After the train, since we left earlier, we made our bus to Great Northern Mall this time. (It figures that we would have made the bus taking the train at the same time that we took on June 30.)

We shared a footlong chicken sub from Subway. We enjoyed Pepsi from Mr. Hero (Free Refills). Since we were hungry, we had pretzel dogs from Auntie Anne's (I had a Mango Chicken sample from Stir Fry 88 around the time that I was getting our sub from Subway,). After eating all that food, we shopped. Our only purchase was lottery tickets (Powerball and Classic Lotto) from CK's Lottery in the mall.

We eventually headed to IHOP at Steelyard Commons. Bob had a chicken omelet, and I had a ham omelet. They came with three buttermilk pancakes. Bob and I enjoyed Pepsis. After dinner, we browsed at Best Buy across the road. We then went home and relaxed.

On Saturday, Bob and I went under the Detroit-Superior Bridge to look at Cleveland transit of the past (Particularly, streetcars). Since we have done this many times over the years, it was a quick visit. We then went to Zoup on Euclid Avenue for lunch. I had Potato Cheddar soup and a Greek salad (I ordered a sandwich, but they gave me a salad instead. We drank Cokes (Maybe, I will tell you what Bob had, if I still have the receipt.). The food was okay, but a little overpriced.

After lunch, Bob went home to rest. I went to the library. I then went to St. Leo's for Mass. I came home. After dinner, we watched TV, and then I walked Bob to the bus stop so he could go to work. The vacation was over!

As luck would have it, Bob had the Fourth of July evening off. He rested most of the day. I made separate trips to Acme Supermarket and Boston Market (Takeout for dinner). We had brisket and some sides. (For the record, they are across the street from one another on Pleasant Valley in Parma. Qdoba and Ruby Tuesday are also nearby.) The food was tasty!

Finally, we have reached the end of the vacation story. You are welcome to research unfamiliar places for enrichment. In addition to the businesses' web sites, Google Earth can also help you to make the picture clearer. Have fun with your research!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello there billmcdonnell.blogspot.com admin discovered your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://massive-web-traffic.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://massive-web-traffic.com