Sunday, August 15, 2010

It Wasn't Very Smooth.

This afternoon, I picked up lunch at McDonald's at Pearl and Denison in Cleveland. There was a coupon for a free smoothie or frappe in Parade Magazine that was expiring today. I also had a coupon for a BOGO Angus that had appeared in either The Plain Dealer or in the ads that usually come on Tuesdays. In addition to the burgers and a smoothie, I bought a small bag of French fries for Bob and a side salad with Lite Italian dressing and garlic and butter croutons for myself. I thought the only problem that I would have was that I had originally neglected to buy Bob's fries, but I caught that error when the bill was $5.00 instead of $6.00. When the order came, there were two bags of food and the smoothie. To make my life easier, I put the smoothie in with the salad. I should have asked for a bag for the smoothie. I learned this lesson the hard way.

I caught the #20A bus because the #35 bus was not due until about twenty-five minutes after the #20A. After the short bus ride, I got off at State and Germaine (one street from Honey Hut) . As I was crossing the street, my smoothie and salad bag collapsed. The cover came off the smoothie. About half, if not more, of the smoothie ended up in the street. Since the cover was "damaged", I had to be extra careful for the fifteen minute walk home. Fortunately, the rest of my food survived the trip. (I tripped on an "uneven" sidewalk on Portman Avenue. I also dropped my silverware as I was either crossing Schaaf Road, or walking through the Brooklyn Heights United Church of Christ parking lot (Bob and I vote at this church. My Census training was also located here.). Bob and I enjoyed our food (I heated his. I didn't heat mine because I thought that it was warm enough.). We then divided the Wild Berry smoothie. (Bob put his share in a small juice glass. I enjoyed my allotment in the original cup.) Since I screwed up, I promised a smoothie for Bob (I might even enjoy one, if it's BOGO.). I think I have learned that an extra bag would be a good idea.

This wasn't my last spill of the day. I later spilled Stars and Stripes Cola (Deals, Dollar Tree) while I was pouring it for Bob (in a glass) on the coffee table in our living room. It bubbled over. Unfortunately, I do this all the time. I'll try to restrict my pouring to the kitchen, in addition to being more careful.

Before I spill the beans, I will sign out for the night.

No comments: