Friday, September 3, 2010

Bob's Vacation (Part Two)

In our last adventure, Bob and I had reached the corner of Broadview and Pearl Roads after we went to SouthPark Mall on Sunday. Although we were walking home, Bob wanted a shake from Arby's which was nearby. However, there was a little problem. The Arby's was out of business.
I had noticed yellow tape (Not Crime Scene tape) along the front of the store on Friday as I was on my way to pick up some CDs from Parma-Snow library. We may have noticed it on Saturday (or not). By Sunday, we were saddened. We do still have an Arby's at Broadview and Snow Roads that we enjoy more, but the closed branch was closer to home. I hope that something nice happens to the former Arby's and the former KFC down the street. There is good news in the neighborhood, though. Almost across the street, after being vacant for many years, Anthony's Pizza and Deli will be coming to a building that housed five different donut shops over about a twenty-five year period. Let us hope that they give Don-Gi's Pizza down the street some competition, as much as we enjoy Don-Gi's. I'll let you know my review as soon as we experience Anthony's.

Just as we planned, we walked home. We relaxed for a little bit. I then went to Qdoba in Parma to have my dinner and to pick up Bob's dinner. The bus was about twelve minutes later, but I should have been able to eat my dinner and pick up Bob's before the return bus arrived. Unfortunately, I had a complication with frequent customer points. I may or not have had my meal credited with my points from a swipe of my Qdoba card by the cashier. If things went according to plan, Bob's meal would have been free as I would earned enough points. I did scan my receipt to send to Qdoba, (Success is questionable since I don't know if they received it.) but our first entree next time should be free, especially if I go on Triple Points Sunday or Double Points Tuesday. In the time that I spent discussing the points situation, I missed the bus. It did not help that the bus was now running about a minute early. It must not have been too crowded. After determining that I missed the bus, I crossed the street to go to Giant Eagle to cash a $150 MegaMillions winner (I had three numbers and the Megaball. Four numbers and no Megaball would have won the same amount.). After browsing through the store, I went to catch the bus. I almost missed this bus because I had misjudged the bus stop, but I caught my mistake in time. We then relaxed for the rest of the evening.

In my next report, I will discuss our Monday trip to the zoo and Parmatown Mall.

No comments: