Thursday, September 16, 2010

Corrections and Other News

While discussing potential cats for adoption, Bob notified me that I had transposed the price of adoption for cats from the Cleveland APL on August 28. Older cats could be adopted for free. Kittens cost $10 to adopt. (The item has been corrected on the original post.) I hope that you weren't confused.

Also, while doing some research on Google Earth on Lincoln Street in Worcester, MA, I spotted the Bickford's that replaced Abdow's Big Boy. I was inspired to check the Bickford's Web Site. I discovered that the Bickford's on Lincoln Street was defunct. I don't know what occupies the space now. I recommend checking out http://www.bickfordsrestaurants.com for your own enrichment.

Speaking of restaurants, a restaurant that has been in my area, for as long as I can remember, closed last month. The Pizza Hut on Broadview Road in Parma is the restaurant in question. It is one of many Pizza Huts to close in my area recently. We rarely go to Pizza Hut, but the stores are missed.

Speaking of stores, Walgreen's was scheduled to open on Snow Road (near Broadview) in Parma yesterday. Contrary to what I expected, the store was built past the Arby's, which recently had a major interior and exterior renovation. I visited it about a week ago (9-7-2010). It is quite nice. Many of the other Arby's in the Cleveland area are in various stages of construction as well. By the way, the former Arby's closest to my house is still vacant. It is still missed. For the record, there is a new parking lot where the Mr. Chicken mentioned in an earlier post and a vacant lot that formerly housed a SOHIO gas station (Now BP) once stood. It goes without saying that the changes will really surprise people who haven't been in the area for awhile.

Until next time, use Google Earth to research the areas that I mentioned in this post. I will highlight some changes in the Midtown area in Parma in a future post. It will be a very interesting story.

No comments: