Friday, September 3, 2010

Bob's Vacation (Part One)

Bob was on vacation this week. I am going to give you the highlights of the week. You should notice a recurring theme.

On Saturday, Bob and I got our haircuts at Pearlview Barber Shop on Broadview Road in Cleveland. We had to do it that day because our barber was going to Italy on vacation for two weeks. Surprisingly, it was not crowded for a Saturday morning before a vacation. As I was in the chair, the barber received a vacation-related call that lasted about five minutes. As a result, we missed our bus towards home. Thankfully, it wasn't a long walk.

(For the record, there was a possibility of visiting the Animal Protective League to adopt a cat (Kittens were $10. Older cats were free last weekend.). However, Bob decided that rest was more beneficial. It also doesn't help that the facility is not very bus friendly. A long walk with a cat on a hot day would be a little extreme.)

We rested for a short time. I ate lunch. I then went to the Main Library downtown. I was running late. Any other day, I would have missed the bus. I was on my way to State and Saratoga to catch the #20 bus when the #35 bus arrived fifteen minutes late. After the library, I went to CVS and then to St. Leo Church for 4:00 Mass. Father Lowe had the Mass, but another priest spoke about a group in Southern Mexico who needed our money for everyday needs. I then came home. We had hot dogs and baked beans. We then watched the Browns game and the NFL game on CBS. It was a quiet night.

On Sunday, we went to SouthPark Mall in Strongsville. We visited Borders Books and Music across the street. We then ate lunch at Steak Escape in the same strip as Borders. Our next stops were Fannie Mae Candy, (There was an one day offer for a ninety cent pint of ice cream with a coupon. Unfortunately, we did not have the coupon.) Best Buy, and Petco. We then crossed the street to go to the mall. We closed our visit with a trip to Kohl's near the mall. We then headed to the bus stop. It was late. After a short layover, we headed back towards the mall because Drake Road has a construction situation. Apparently, there was no good detour to cover Pearl Road between Drake and Royalton Roads. If we or anyone else had business in that stretch, they would have been unhappy with the "unannounced" detour. We then walked home. There is a little side story that I will reveal in my next report.

No comments: