Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

I had an interesting Halloween. It started out with a trip to Aldi on Pearl Road in Cleveland. I barely made the bus after dropping off some newspapers at the recycling bin near where Bob and I vote (My Census training was also held here.). I bought some 2% milk, Variety Pack Oatmeal, Unsalted-Dry Roasted Peanuts, and a 2 liter bottle of GT Cola (only $.59 (Diet GT Cola was only $.39)). There was no line and no clerk. After I completed my purchases, I crossed the street to catch a bus to get me closer to home. I then walked home from State Road and Portman Avenue. I then spent the rest of the afternoon on my computer and looking at football.

Not long after dinner, Trick or treating started. After four minutes, I had given away twenty pieces of candy. I thought that it would be a big night. As it turns out, about 94 people received candy in the two hours of trick or treating (6:00 to 8:00). I blame it on the wind and the temperature in the forties. At least, it didn't rain.

After spending more time on the computer, I left for Heggs House of Horror (http://www.heggshouseofhorror.com) on Merl Avenue, a short walk from my house. Since it was well past the end of handing out candy, there was a nice crowd. I spent some time looking at the display. I then walked home. In less than half an hour, the trip was over.

Halloween 2010 will be noted for the lack of "exciting costumes". It was still a fun day. I hope that I have as much fun next year.

No comments: