Thursday, October 21, 2010

My 40th Birthday

As most of my readers know, I turned 40 years old today. I started the day watching my favorite show Live with Regis and Kelly on WEWS in Cleveland. I then checked my e-mail. I attempted to print out an e-mail coupon from Denny's. I struggled, but Bob was successful with the printout. We walked to Broadview and Tampa Avenues to catch the first of two buses to go to Denny's near Parmatown Mall. The first bus was so late that we didn't make our second bus at Broadview and Pearl Roads, so we just went back down Broadview Road to go to Wendy's. We both had half an Apple Pecan Chicken Salad and value priced sodas. Bob had Chili, while I had a Baked Potato with chives, butter, and sour cream (It's my birthday. You only turn 40 once.) We enjoyed our food. After lunch, Bob went home. I headed for the Parma-South Library.

Despite the fact that our bus was late to Broadview and Pearl Roads was late, the second bus was late enough for me to catch it. At the library, I read the latest Billboard Magazine, the Official Catholic Directory for 2010, the Spring 2010 SRDS Newspaper Advertising Guide, and an article on Kelly Ripa in the November 2010 issue of Good Housekeeping. I also checked out six CDs (Five 70s compilations and one 80s compilation). I then went to Giant Eagle by Parmatown to buy Classic Lotto and Powerball tickets for Saturday's drawings. After reading the Glee spoof in Mad Magazine, I made the short walk to Denny's.

At 4:00, my seating area at Denny's had a lot of people. I ordered my "healthier" Grand Slam. Unfortunately, I forgot to hold the butter and syrup, so I lived it up. (I only used one of my two syrups on my pancakes.) I also enjoyed a Coke with added vanilla flavoring. (I would have enjoyed it more without the glass two-thirds full of ice. I remedied the situation at refill time. ) Once again, I enjoyed my food.

To kill time before my first bus towards home, I crossed Day Drive to go to JCPenney. I then caught the bus which took me to Aldi on Pearl Road in Cleveland to buy a variety pack of oatmeal and a gallon of 2% Lowfat milk. I then came home and relaxed.

To all the callers, e-mailers and Facebook commenters, thanks for the nice birthday messages. This was a birthday to remember. The celebration continues on Sunday. Details will follow.

No comments: