Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday, Marnie

On June 8th, my niece Marnie celebrated her birthday. Normally, I am not this late announcing birthdays and anniversaries. Facebook has become a passion lately. Marnie did receive a birthday wish on Facebook. Bob and I gave her a Gift Card for Aeropostale. I hope that she enjoys it.

Bob and I spent Marnie's birthday in the Akron Area. We ate at O'Charley's by Chapel Hill Mall again. I had tilapia with rice, peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Rolls were also included. The food was worth the price. Our Shopping Highlights were Sunscreen at a Target near O'Charley's and a rain jacket at Macy's for Bob. Since I have a Macy's card, and Bob does not, I saved him money. It's easier for me to return the jacket if necessary.

After buying the jacket, we went for the bus stop to head towards home. We feared that we missed the bus, but it was late. We then went to a couple of Wendy's. One was by the Winking Lizard in Independence. Bob wanted a Chocolate Frosty to kill time before the bus towards home. I feared that it would spoil my supper! We then went to a Wendy's on Broadview Road, near where the Mr. Chicken used to be. The replacement Mr. Chicken is going to be on Pleasant Valley Road in a former KFC. It will still be an one bus trip for me. The other restaurants in the area closed recently are still vacant. The Anthony Pizza and Deli near the former KFC on Broadview Road in Cleveland has shown no signs of opening anytime soon. However, Happy's Pizza opened up at the corner of Denison Avenue and Pearl Road (Happy's still calls it West 25th Street. The building faces Denison Avenue.). I haven't picked up food from there yet. It's in a former car stereo store. I hope that the Restaurant is successful, especially its Dining Room.

(Editor's Note: Pearl Road becomes West 25th Street after you pass the On Ramp for I-71. When I was growing up, it was after the Brooklyn Bridge near the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
Old timers still probably say West 25th and Denison.)

In closing, Bob and I were very close to the Pilgrimage site, but we didn't go to Chippewa Creek. We wanted to get home without going out of our way. We spent the rest of the night relaxing.

There will be another report soon!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Yes. we oldtimers do call it W.25th and Denison.