Friday, June 3, 2011

Pilgrimage 2011

Yesterday was the Fifth Anniversary of my brother Dan's death from lung cancer. On the anniversary (June 8) of the scattering of most of his ashes in Chippewa Creek in Brecksville, I usually stand by the wall on Chippewa Road near the creek to show my appreciation. This year, I made my pilgrimage on the anniversary of his death because Bob is off on June 8th. He went with me on last year's pilgrimage. It might also rain that day. I was caught in the rain on one of my pilgrimages. Thankfully, the weather was nice. It wasn't very hot or humid. Although the coordination between buses at Brecksville and Rockside Roads is usually too close for comfort, the #77 bus was ten minutes late, so I was able to make the pilgrimage as easily as possible.

After the pilgrimage, I visited the nearby Heinen's supermarket. I didn't buy anything, but I noticed that Graeter's Ice Cream is $17.99 for 1.75 qts. (56 oz.). They have two available flavors that I didn't properly note. I then took the bus to downtown Cleveland because Discount Drug Mart in Independence is not that exciting (unless I am buying something). I then took a bus to the South Brooklyn Library to pick up some materials. It was my second library trip of the day because I was at Parma-Snow Library before the Pilgrimage. After the library, I cashed a $4 Powerball winner. The money was then used for Classic Lotto and Powerball tickets. I then came home. My sister Kathleen was visiting because she was picking up presents for two of my four great-nieces (Amy Marie and Emily) on her way to a meeting in Parma. I spent the rest of the evening relaxing.

No comments: