Sunday, June 2, 2013

As Much Fun As I Had, Home Is Where the Heart Is.

My last day started with a Granola Bar  (Not the Inexpensive Ones that I buy from Aldi, but the High Fiber ones that are one step up)!  A late breakfast at Michael's Bridge Diner in Lancaster was scheduled.  As it turned out, it was lunchtime when we reached the restaurant!  Dan Sr., Patty, and Bob still had breakfast items for lunch (I have done this for lunch and dinner, but I was in lunch mode that day!  (They charged 79 cents extra for a substitution of Egg Whites, which is criminal (IHOP used to charge 69 cents, but the surcharge was usually waived.))  I had another Veggie Burger with Swiss Cheese and French Fries that were delicious!  If you like Scrambler Marie's, First Watch, or Original Pancake House, you would enjoy this one of a kind restaurant.  It is a breakfast and lunch establishment.  The hunting decor is a distinguishing feature, but it wouldn't be out of place at a Cracker Barrel.  (Thankfully, Cracker Barrel has dinner hours!  I don't think that I have ordered a Breakfast Item there yet.) 

After lunch (or brunch for some people), we dropped off Dan Sr. at home.  Patty, Bob, and I then went to the Thayer Memorial Library in Lancaster.  After almost thirty years of visiting Lancaster, I finally made my local library debut.  I picked up some local literature that I expect to enjoy  tomorrow after attending Kathleen's Birthday Party!  I asked for the local phone book!  I learned that they had stopped distributing them in the area, if not all of Verizon Territory (Oberlin, Wellington, Grafton, and most of Medina County are the areas closest to me in Verizon Territory!)  I have continued on a quest to find phone book listings from Verizon Territory in a format similar to a traditional phone book.  There were some markets available briefly, but it has been a failure so far.
We then went back to the house for a short time.

Our last moments in New England were enjoyed while Patty took Bob and me to T.F. Green Airport in Warwick, RI (Near Providence).  The trip went smoothly this time.  We had air conditioning in the car this time around, unlike last year when Dan Sr. drove us back.  We said our goodbyes and headed into the airport.

Security was almost very smooth!  We had our already checked boarding passes in the tubs provided for the X-Ray devices for checking Carry-on Bags!  TSA wanted to see them again!  Thankfully, the problem was handled smoothly!  We then went to an early dinner at Famous Famiglia!  I had a slice of Chicken and Broccoli Pizza!  Bob had a Sausage Stromboli, which I sampled.  (Pepperoni Stromboli was not available.)  The food was enjoyable, but it may have been overpriced (Famous Famiglia and Johnny Rocket's (Last year airport meal in Warwick) have left the Cleveland Market for the most part.)  I bought a couple of instant lottery tickets that were losers.  The machines in Rhode Island are slightly more complicated than they are in Ohio. 

Eventually, we boarded the plane!  Unlike our trip into Warwick, Bob's bag fit into the overhead compartment.  We had a nice flight attendant named Nikki!  I asked her if she knew one of my high school classmates who is also a Flight Attendant for United Airlines.  She did not!  Thankfully, this flight was about as smooth as our previous flight!  We arrived in Cleveland more on less on schedule.

I called Maggie to pick us up at the airport!  Unfortunately, I called her at her house!  She was at our house!  There was a Voicemail message on my cell phone that I had trouble hearing.  Fortunately,  Bob had talked to her as well!

After straightening out the misunderstanding, Maggie took us to Save a Lot to buy Orange Juice and then to a nearby CVS to buy milk.  We then went home and learned at least one surprising detail.  My brother Joe came over to borrow a shovel.  He ended up replacing the light chain in our downstairs bathroom that had been broken for a few years.  Miracles do happen!

In closing, this trip was very interesting!  Patty and Dan SR.'s friends Amy Gould and John are now close friends of mine!  I didn't make it to Vermont, but I just wanted to say that I have been to Vermont.  I want to return to New Hampshire for the first time since 1988!  There is still a lot more that I want to visit in the future!  Don't worry, it's not "standard tourism fare!!"

I hope that you have enjoyed these ten essays as much as I have enjoyed writing them.     
       

No comments: