Sunday, June 2, 2013

I Support the Red Sox, But Not at the Indians' Expense.

Patty, Bob, and I spent this day in Boston!  We parked the car at Alewife Rail Station and caught a couple of trains to reach Fenway Park!  Our main activity of the day was to tour Fenway Park!  We started off in the Red Sox Team Store!  Bob and I looked at merchandise that would be appropriate for a Thank You Gift for taking care of our cat Morgan and for cleaning our house way beyond the call of duty.  When we saw an Indians Bobbing Head (Not Bobblehead), I couldn't resist buying it after the tour!  A Red Sox Cap or Coffee/Tea Cup was also considered, but it was never purchased.  We also took some pictures in the not too crowded store.

It was now time to gather for the tour.  This was done in the store.  We learned a lot about Red Sox History, including the Pesky Pole, Ted Williams' Red Seat, and The Curse of the Bambino (Broken in 2004).  We saw the Visitors Clubhouse, that the Indians would enjoy for a four game set two days later.  We looked at various seating areas.  The Press Box was also featured.  Emily, our tour guide, did an excellent job, considering the fact that her microphone stopped functioning during the tour!  Thankfully, she was loud enough for the whole group to hear with little difficulty.  This tour is something that every baseball fan should enjoy at least once in his/her life. 

After the tour, I bought the bobbing head.  We invested in the Photograph set that should have been included in the cost of admission, but I can't complain since I didn't pay for this tour!  Perhaps, I will treat for a tour of Progressive Field.  Hopefully, Flo will be our tour guide. (I know that she is an actress who has helped out on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.)

A nearby Qdoba was considered for Lunch (Parallel to last year's Moe's Southwest Grill experience), but Bob talked me out of it.  I had seen a Tasty Burger while on the tour, but we needed help in finding it.  Thankfully, a helpful employee affiliated with the Photography aspect of the tour showed us the way.  The place has both indoor and outdoor seating.  It was once either a Gas Station or an Auto Repair Shop.  I had a Mushroom Burger with Cheese and Tasty 17 Steak Sauce (I added Heinz Pickle Relish to it at the table.).  It was delicious!!  I treated for entertainment by paying a dollar for two tunes.  One of them was "Pontoon" by Little Big Town!  The next tune was "Holy Diver" by Dio. (AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" and Boston's "Don't Look Back" were unavailable.  The jukebox enhanced our excellent meal.

After lunch, we walked down to the Boston Marathon Memorial Site (Three people were killed by a pair of bombs on April 16, 2013. (Patriots' Day)).  It was impressive, but we didn't go down by the Walgreen's that was featured in coverage of the event seen worldwide.  We then took a couple of trains back to Alewife Train Station.  Patty then drove us home!

After relaxing, I researched the route to IHOP in Northborough, MA.  (The only Wegmans in Massachusetts (So Far) is part of the shopping complex.)  There were three potential routes, but I only printed the first page/route.  John, Patty, Dan SR., Bob, and I were the participants in one car this time.  After some confusion, we made it to the restaurant.  I had a chicken salad, but I erred in judgment because I expected a Grilled Chicken Salad!  It was Crispy Chicken!  I ended up eating the salad both in the restaurant and for snack time a couple of hours later.  It was a fun experience with an eclectic group of people!  I didn't mind paying because it was appreciation for a very memorable trip.  (My coupon for a $1.99 meal with a meal purchase didn't hurt, either.  If I had explained the coupon, people would have ordered beverages that would have allowed me to use a second coupon.  Since only one person out of three eligible ordered from the Senior Menu, this option was possible.)  We then went home through Marlborough, Berlin, and Clinton on the way home.  It was too late to enjoy the strip mall.  Once again, we relaxed for the rest of the evening.

May 22 is the conclusion of this journey!

P.S.  The Red Sox ended up beating the Indians three out of four games at Fenway Park in the series that started the day after Bob and I came home.  I should have not rooted for the Indians on Red Sox Property.  I can freely do it here in Cleveland, though!      

No comments: